CHARITY DRIVE FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
What an amazing month it has been thru this Charity Drive.
We have had an overwhelming response from our members which just shows what we can do when we band together for a charitable cause.
During this Charity Drive we have tried to keep a tally of just how many items have come thru my home and moved on to the different outlets.
So, this is roughly what we think :
- 500 Handbags full of goodies
- Lovely cards, notes of positive aspirations and encouragement
- 1000+ toothbrushes and toothpaste
- 500+ Deodorants
- 300 Feminine hygiene packs
- 400 packets of tissues – various sizes
- 750 shampoos and conditioners
- 1000+ bars of soap
- Gift packs of perfume, 300 hand creams etc
- many notebooks, diaries and pens
- Donations from church groups
- Quality clothing
- Handmade tote bags – too many to count
- 6 Knitted teddy bears knitted by school kids in craft lessons
- 50 teddy bears smaller in size for toddlers by some kind group of women
- 100+ books, sticker books, colouring books, crayons, coloured pencils, etc
- Toys, games, blocks and jigsaws
- A big donation from BIG W Ellenbrook thru Shirley Zaknich
- Cash donations amounting to $1100.00
Our donations have gone to mostly 3 charity groups -
- Orana House Bayswater – Refuge
- Starick House Gosnells – Refuge
- Perth Homeless Support Group - Outreach Services
I’d like to thank all the Instructors and members for coming on board and making this happen.
Thank you to Tricia Haase for her involvement in this charity drive as it was her inception, I just made it happen.
Well done ladies and gentlemen.
Patricia Haase (member)
Annie Budarick (Committee)
NOTE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
27 APRIL 2023
On the 15th April Prime Movers held the 2023 AGM which was most successful.
Two new committee members were welcomed to the Committee, Jan Peterson and Karen Mennell. We are most grateful that Karen and Jan are coming onto the Committee and bringing with them talents that we will be using.
We said goodbye to two Committee members - Margaret Harper after 15 years and Rhonda Farmer after four years of being on the Committee. We wish them well and thank them for a job well done. Margaret will continue with her role as an Instructor.
It is important for members to be aware of the working aspects of Prime Movers. Every Committee Member has a role to play and without the hard-working, dedicated Committee we would not have Prime Movers. So, thank you to the Committee Members.
A big thankyou also goes to the Instructors, Hostesses and members for continuing to support Prime Movers and keeping it the number one exercise group for seniors.
So far in 2023, classes are doing very well and it is great to see so many old members coming back. Our membership has grown to approximately 3,500 which is fantastic!
Classes for 2023 recommenced the week beginning Monday, 30th January.
We will not be mandating the vaccination principle that we have been following for the past 3 years. The vaccination requirement to come to a Prime Movers class or to be an Instructor will no longer be an expectation.
However, we will still be encouraging social distancing and the use of anti bacterial sprays and hand sanitiser in our classes.
Prime Movers do not break for school holidays during the year.
Annual membership fee $20.00
Class fee $5.00
Pre Paid Voucher of 11 classes for $50.00